Bear Box at Vogelsang High Sierra Camp (YE01)
Generated on 2 Aug 2022 - see revision history - please send updates to the webmaster
Detail Map of waypoint YE01
in Yosemite Park East:
(scroll down for directions, waypoints, and area map)
- YE01 is 4 large boxes, at about 10200 feet,
in the GPS route YOSEMITE EAST.
- Directions from Steve Eckert, with GPS waypoint, June 2000:
Four large new boxes next to the backpackers toilet, northeast of the
high sierra camp buildings and west of Fletcher Lake.
- Directions from Kalon Kelley, with GPS waypoint, Sep 1999:
Five bear storage lockers right next to the solar toilets for backpackers.
- YE01 coordinates: (see GPX waypoint download links above)
(lat,lon) = (37.7969100, -119.3439600) in decimal degrees, NAD83.
(zone,east,north) = (11S, 293703.0, 4185671.0) in decimal meters, NAD27.
- Scroll down for a regional map of the entire Yosemite Park East region.
Map exported from TOPO! software, used with permission.