Bear Box at May Lake High Sierra Camp (YE05)
Generated on 10 Sep 2019 - see revision history - please send updates to the webmaster
Detail Map of waypoint YE05
in Yosemite Park East:
(scroll down for directions, waypoints, and area map)
- YE05 is 2 large boxes, at about 8200 feet,
in the GPS route YOSEMITE EAST.
- Note: The bear boxes among the buildings are for camp guests,
backpackers should use the boxes south of the buildings.
- Directions from Steve Eckert, with GPS waypoint, Sep 2004:
Two large boxes between the lake and the flush toilet,
approximately 50 yards from the southeast corner of the lake.
This camp is only 1.5 miles from the Snow Flat parking lot,
and the bear boxes are on your left behind the toilet and
water spigot as the trail arrives at May Lake.
- YE05 coordinates: (see waypoint and interactive map links above)
(lat,lon) = (37.8443900, -119.4912300) in decimal degrees, NAD83.
(zone,east,north) = (11S, 280880.0, 4191276.0) in decimal meters, NAD27.
- Scroll down for a regional map of the entire Yosemite Park East region.
Map exported from TOPO! software, used with permission.