Sierra Nevada Shuttles
Updated 1 June 2016, maintained by Linda Emerson.
(transportation for trailheads)
ADDITIONS, UPDATES AND CORRECTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!
Informal Ride Sharing and Carpooling
MulePost.com - Eastern Sierra Ridesharing 
CraigsList.org - Ridesharing to/from Reno 
AlternetRides.com - Mono County Ridesharing
Eastern Sierra Shuttles - see also Showers and
- Sierra Shuttle Service (Mammoth Lakes) 
Call 760-914-2746 or email SierraShuttleServices@outlook.com
See SierraShuttleService.com for rates and more details, can travel to any part of the state.
Licensed shuttle service throughout Inyo and Mono counties, including Mammoth/Yosemite airport.
All local hiking and mountain biking trails, including the White Mountains.
- Climber.Org hosts a copy of the JMT Crib Sheet 
Shuttle, rental, shower, hotel, and ranger info specifically for John Muir Trail hikers.
For more info, join the John Muir Trail group at Yahoo.
- Mt. Williamson Motel and Base Camp (Independence) 
Call 760-878-2121 or email MtWilliamsonMotel@gmail.com
See MtWilliamsonMotel.com for rates and more details.
Offers rides to/from the Onion Valley trailhead for hotel guests only.
- Kurt Power (Lone Pine) 
Call 760-876-4811 or email LonePineKurt@aol.com
(Limited availability, I check e-mail very regularly.)
- East Side Sierra Shuttle (Independence) 
See EastSideSierraShuttle.com for sample rates and more details.
4WD short wheelbase access to difficult to reach trails, and experienced trail advice.
- Amtrak offers transportation from SF to Yosemite for just $37. 
Bus links can apparently get you to the valley or over Tioga Pass to Mammoth.
Here's the link to all their California Stations.
- Mammoth Shuttle System 
(760) 934-6588 (office 8am-10pm); (760) 914-2678 (cell)
or email mammothshuttle at npgcable dot com
Specializing as a Sierra trailhead shuttle. Will go to any Sierra trailhead shuttle, any day, any time.
We are also a long distance shuttle that will go anywhere in the country.
- Mammoth Taxi llc, formerly Sierra Express Transportation (Mammoth) 
(760) 937-8294 for reservations, or see website.
See mammoth-taxi.com for rates and more details.
Mammoth Taxi operates as a town of Mammoth Lakes on-call Taxi service year-round,
and as Mammoth Yosemite Airport Shuttle service,
and specializes in hiker/backpacker trailhead service all over California and Nevada.
- Eastern Sierra Transity Authority (ESTA), formerly known as the CREST bus 
Inyo + Mono County long-distance bus service from Lancaster CA to Reno NV with a night's stopover in Bishop CA.
- The Lancaster run meets up with the Los Angeles area Metrolink trains at the Lancaster train station.
Metrolink has connections with Amtrak trains and airport connections downtown Los Angeles Union Station.
- The Reno run connects to the Reno Airport. It also connects up with the
YART busses (Tuolumne Meadows + Yosemite Valley) at Mammoth CA.
[2009 - from jjo_brien]
- Inyo-Mono Transit Dial-a-Ride (Bishop) 
ESTA operates the dial-a-ride program, and their website lists the different phone numbers and information for the service in each community.
- VALLEY AND HIGH COUNTRY: Yosemite Hiker Shuttle / Yosemite Park Tours
full-size bus: day tours for Yosemite Valley, Glacier Point, Tuolumne
reservations available round trip or one-way from Yosemite Valley
can catch bus from Tuolumne Lodge Store to the Valley (no reservations)
- EAST SIDE: Yosemite Area Rapid Transit (YARTS)
800-626-6684 or 800-MAMMOTH
Mammoth tourist center brokers tickets from Mammoth and Lee Vining
In Yosemite, purchase advance tickets at the DNC information kiosk or at
Tickets can also be purchased directly from the bus driver.
Bus goes from Mammoth to Yosemite Valley in the morning, back in evening, with
stops at Tuolumne, White Wolf and Crane Flat.
- WEST SIDE: Yosemite Area Rapid Transit (YARTS)
Bus goes from Merced to Yosemite Valley and back four times per day.
Options for getting to Merced include Amtrak and Greyhound.
- Greyhound no longer has service to the eastern Sierra Nevada! 
- High Sierra Shuttle aka High Sierra Transportation (Bishop)
No longer in business as of Jan 2013.