Colorado Peaks (starting with Q)
Shortened from long names for fuzzy matching. Generated on 17 May 2013
Jump to the Climber.Org State Peaks page for other states.
See the Sierra
and Desert Peaks database for click maps, ratings, waypoints, etc.
Colorado peaks starting with
On the Colorado Peaks page,
1992 peaks above 9050 feet are marked as 'USGS peak'.
Peaks from non-USGS sources are also included, and they may be lower altitude.
(The USGS elevation range was chosen to present no more than 2000 peaks from that source.)
Peaks are listed alphabetically below, and do not include
prefixes or suffixes like North/South, Peak, Mt, Knob, etc. For example,
you can look up "Mt Rose" as simply "rose",
and "Pilot Knob" as "pilot". Coordinates from the USGS
use North American Datum 1927 (NAD27) latitude and longitude coordinates,
in decimal degrees. For comparison, coordinates from the Sierra Peaks database
are given in North American Datum 1983 (NAD83). Both sets of coordinates are
shown as links to Google Maps.
Beware the online map links from the USGS pages, because they
show somewhat rough locations - the peaks are NEAR the marked point, but other
databases (like the Sierra Peaks
and Desert Peaks list) are more accurate.
Follow links to the Climber.Org Trip Reports for
other people's experience, and remember to file your own report!
'quail' matches these CO Peaks entries
'quaker' matches these CO Peaks entries
'quakey' matches these CO Peaks entries
'quandary' matches these CO Peaks entries
'quartz' matches these CO Peaks entries
'quiensabe' matches these CO Peaks entries
- Trip Report for Quandary Peak (from 2000, by Roger Wendell)
- Trip Report for Quandary Peak (from 2001, by Doug Cook)
- Trip Report for Quandary Peak (from 2001, by Rob Mullen)
- Trip Report for Quandary Peak (from 2003, by Mike Roth)
- Trip Report for Quandary Peak (from 2006, by Michael Ciccone)
- Trip Report for Quandary Peak (from 2007, by Andy Leach)
- Trip Report for Quandary Peak (from 2007, by Patrick Lilly)
- USGS peak Quandary Peak (14265 ft, Breckenridge quad, in Summit county, NAD27 39.3972/-106.1064)
Other Useful Links:
- Return to the climber.org home page at http://Climber.Org/
- The main Climber.Org State Peaks page, for AZ, CA, CO, NV, OR, UT, WA, and WY
- The Climber.Org Sierra Peaks database (click map, ratings, waypoints, registers, etc)
- The Climber.Org Desert Peaks database (click map, ratings, waypoints, registers, etc)
- Ron Karpel's peak picture database (with links back into the Climber.Org data)
- The Vulgarian Ramblers CA 13er database (with links back into the Climber.Org data)
- Read online Climber.Org Trip Reports, for beta from other climbers
- The USGS gnis peak database for Colorado (alternate names, watershed, etc)
- Send feedback to the webmaster