Bear Box at Charlotte Lake (KA01)
Generated on 30 Apr 2013 - see revision history - please send updates to the webmaster
Detail Map of waypoint KA01
in Kearsarge Area Eastern Rae Lakes Loop:
(scroll down for directions, waypoints, and area map)
- KA01 is 2 standard boxes, at about 10400 feet,
in the GPS route KEARSARGE AREA.
- Note: No camping is allowed at Bullfrog Lake - the second box is
apparently the one that used to be at the Bull Frog Lake Junction.
- Directions from Dave Johnson, Aug 1999:
There are now 2 bear boxes there, approximately 100 yards west of the ranger station.
- Directions from Mineral King ranger info sheet, dated 1991:
One box near the Ranger Station at Charlotte Lake.
- KA01 coordinates: (see waypoint and interactive map links above)
(lat,lon) = (36.7768200, -118.4261200) in decimal degrees, NAD83.
(zone,east,north) = (11S, 372816.0, 4070866.0) in decimal meters, NAD27.
- Scroll down for a regional map of the entire Kearsarge Area Eastern Rae Lakes Loop region.
Map exported from TOPO! software, used with permission.