Bear Box at Lost Lake (SC07)
Generated on 2 Aug 2022 - see revision history - please send updates to the webmaster
Detail Map of waypoint SC07
in Silliman Crest:
(scroll down for directions, waypoints, and area map)
- SC07 is a standard box, at about 9100 feet,
in the GPS route SILLIMAN CREST.
- Note: As the trail approaches the Seville Lake from the northeast, at 9100',
it crests a small rise and drops very slightly to the lake. There
is a sign/map at the top of the rise, showing where you can camp,
and where the bear box is. Campsites are limited, but the best one
seems to be at the north tip of the lake (the best scenery, if not
the most space).
The trail and the box are north of the lake outlet. The outlet
does NOT show on the 7.5' topo, but is one gully southeast of
where the trail approaches the lake.
- Directions from Steve Eckert, with GPS waypoint, June 2002:
One standard size box is about 20' left (east) of the trail,
and about 30' closer to the lake than the sign is. It is on
the slight rise about 50 yards from the lakeshore, near the
north-northeast corner of Lost Lake).
- Directions from Mineral King ranger info sheet, dated 1991:
One box at the main camp area on the north side of Lost Lake.
- SC07 coordinates: (see GPX waypoint download links above)
(lat,lon) = (36.6758400, -118.7046500) in decimal degrees, NAD83.
(zone,east,north) = (11S, 347757.0, 4060071.0) in decimal meters, NAD27.
- Scroll down for a regional map of the entire Silliman Crest region.
Map exported from TOPO! software, used with permission.