Bear Box at Big Arroyo Patrol Cabin (BA01)
Generated on 15 Sep 2020 - see revision history - please send updates to the webmaster
Detail Map of waypoint BA01
in Big Arroyo:
(scroll down for directions, waypoints, and area map)
- BA01 is a large box, at about 9500 feet,
in the GPS route BIG ARROYO.
- Directions from Gary Craig, with GPS waypoint, Aug 2002:
This is probably within 100 feet of the Big Arroyo / Little 5 Lakes
trail junction and is obvious; the box is on the east side of the trail(s).
- Directions from Michael Golden, Sep 2000:
There is a box right at the junction of the Lower Big
Arroyo / Black Rock Pass (Little Five Lakes) trail
south of the patrol cabin.
- Directions from Mineral King ranger info sheet, dated 1991:
On the east side of Big Arroyo Creek approcimately 100 feet southeast
of the Kaweah Gap / Little Five Lakes / Lower Big Arroyo trail junction.
- BA01 coordinates: (see GPX waypoint download links above)
(lat,lon) = (36.5190200, -118.5337800) in decimal degrees, NAD83.
(zone,east,north) = (11S, 362748.0, 4042417.0) in decimal meters, NAD27.
- Scroll down for a regional map of the entire Big Arroyo region.
Map exported from TOPO! software, used with permission.