Bear Box at Day Use Lot, Road's End (CG04)
Generated on 23 Nov 2015 - see revision history - please send updates to the webmaster
Detail Map of waypoint CG04
in Cedar Grove Area:
(scroll down for directions, waypoints, and area map)
- CG04 is two large boxes, at about 5000 feet,
in the GPS route CEDAR GROVE.
- Note: As of 2004, the rangers say the southern parking loop (near the
river) is for day use only. Backpackers must park in the northern
loop and must have a car pass (issued with your permit). There were
no signs to indicate this, and no obvious enforcement, but watch out!
- Directions from Steve Eckert, with GPS waypoint, July 2004:
Two large boxes on the side of the southern parking loop
away from the river, about 50 yards west of the permit kiosk,
at Road's End.
- CG04 coordinates: (see waypoint and interactive map links above)
(lat,lon) = (36.7947100, -118.5843200) in decimal degrees, NAD83.
(zone,east,north) = (11S, 358730.0, 4073072.0) in decimal meters, NAD27.
- Scroll down for a regional map of the entire Cedar Grove Area region.
Map exported from TOPO! software, used with permission.